Here you can find recommended reading and videos for those who are interested in neuroscience, neuroesthetics and their main topics. The list will be regularly updated by our team.
- A brief guide to neuroscience – The Observer, 29 April 2012
Vaughan Bell explains the boom area in science and what neuroscience is.
- Statements on Neuroesthetics by Semir Zeki
Zeki explains the role of neuroesthetics and what art and knowledge are for the human kind.
- The Mirror Neuron Revolution: Explaining What Makes Humans Social
Neuroscientist Marco Iacoboni discusses mirror neurons, autism and the potentially damaging effects of violent movies.
- A brief guide to Embodied Cognition: why you are not your brain, by Sam McNerney
- The neurons that shaped civilization (video) by VS Ramachandran
Neuroscientist Vilayanur Ramachandran outlines the fascinating functions of mirror neurons.
- The quest to understand consciousness (video) by Antonio Damasio
Every morning we wake up and regain consciousness — that is a marvelous fact — but what exactly is it that we regain? Neuroscientist Antonio Damasio uses this simple question to give us a glimpse into how our brains create our sense of self.